Daily Prompt – VIP
The Daily Prompt had a good one today and I couldn’t pass up posting about it:
Who’s the most important person in your life — and how would your day-to-day existence be different without them?
Even if I received guarantees that my life wouldn’t be forfeit if I named anyone but my wife, I still couldn’t think of anyone else who would mean more to me.
So how would my life be turned upside down? Just to name a few ways…
- I’d still be wearing striped t-shirts with plaid jackets.
- I’d still be wearing gray socks with Birkenstock sandals.
- I’d probably be well past my third attempt at substituting dishwashing soap for dishwashing detergent and wondering why my dishwasher is flooding the kitchen floor with bubbly water.
- I probably wouldn’t have the courage to write.
- I probably wouldn’t have gotten as far in my career without her encouragement and confidence in me.
- I probably would be lacking the backbone she’s helped me build.
- My musical compositions wouldn’t see the light of day, but her short films have given me a vehicle.
This list could suck up all your bandwidth if I ever completed it, so I’ll just stop now. Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend!